- Don’t roll back when you start. Use the parking brake or the clutch to prevent rolling back.
- Speed up smoothly and gradually.
- Speed up slowly when traction is poor, such as rain or snow.
- Hold the wheel firmly in both hands, on opposite sides of the wheel.
- Push the brake pedal down gradually.
- The amount of pressure will depend on speed of vehicle and how quickly you need to stop.
- Avoid backing when you can.
- When you park, try to park so you can pull forward to leave.
- When backing, do the following:
- Start in the proper position.
- Look at your path.
- Use mirrors on both sides.
- Back slowly.
- Back and turn to driver’s side.
- Use a helper if possible.